I started drawing only after the age of my 40s. I am a self learned artist. I worked on several mediums. My favorite medium was pastels. I used to draw from photo references. Initially I worked for developing exact photographic similarities. However, later I realized that paintings need not be photo like, rather, truly speaking they should be different from what appears in the photo. It should be more than a photo and inform the viewers about different perspectives of the whole scene or object, which appears in the photo as subject.
In those days I was more a photographer than an artist. Thereafter, I made it a point that I have to watch the paintings that were made by other artists and try to observe my own responses towards those art works and also learn from there. I made this blog to discuss my own art as well as of others who I like.
No comments:
Post a Comment